Friday, March 23, 2012

In Bed All Day

I stayed in bed all day. I didn’t really mean to, it wasn’t my intension to do so, but that’s what happened.

Sam got up and went to work, leaving the house at 7.33am. I rolled over and luxuriated in the warmness of my sheets and it dawned on me that this was my last morning of freedom. I felt sad, no I felt sick at the thought. This was it! As of Monday, I would be up and showering and dressing and driving out into the burbs to please other people, to please some company for which I have no interest and no attachment to. So, I rolled over and pulled the doona over me, but I was awake by this stage, wide awake, oh no!

So, I decided to get up and make coffee and write for a bit on my computer. Today was the day that Shane was moving rooms, he’d stayed home to do so. I can stay in bed in the warmth and comfort and then I can get up when Shane does and give him a hand. He’d be up soon, no doubt.

I wrote for a few hours, perhaps to 11am. I was feeling sleepy again by this stage so I lay my head back down and dozed off again. Shane got up around midday, when I woke again. He showered and left the house to get breakfast, as he always does on his days off.

I got up and made more coffee and some toast with Vegemite and banana. I came back to bed and started to watch A Catered Affair. I've nearly watched all of the old videos that I recorded years ago, which I got back from Bolago in the clean up and haven't seen for years. I kept the Bette Davis collection and threw the rest of my old videos away.

I was comfy and into the movie when Shane came back. By this stage I was happy tucked up I bed. I hadn’t planned to stay in bed, but, as it turned out, I had. And I was quite enjoying it by this stage.

When A Catered Affair finished, Shane seemed to have left the house again, so I picked another Bette Davis movie, Marked Woman, and watched that.

When he came back, I was into the second movie and he seemed to have a carpet cleaner with which he was cleaning the carpet.

I guess, I should have felt guilty. After all, Shane has only been moving rooms since 2010, and then he decides to do it on the last day of my time off before I head back to work on Monday, so of course, I should have geared my whole day around him. Of course, I should have. I was just queuing up Front Page Woman, when Sam got home. 

Lovely, he said when he saw me still tucked up in bed, just before he switched off the TV, video player and turned on the light.

As Sam said, I was mean and lazy to stay in bed all day when Shane was moving rooms. Oh yes, of course.

No one seems to care that I am feeling just the slightest bit traumatised about heading back to full time work on Monday.


Sam and I headed to the supermarket to get ingredients for fried noodles, with Shane as he returned the carpet cleaner.

It was cold, there had been a blast of winter and Smith Street was bumper to bumper with traffic.

Sam cooked fried noodles with prawns and Bok Choi. We watched Big Bang Theory.


No comments: