Monday, December 17, 2012

Anthony in ICU

Anthony ended up in ICU in an induced coma in a bigger hospital due to the pain he was in. That was last Thursday, the day after I saw him. It was hardly surprising to me, even if it was a little shocking to hear, as he'd been in great pain when I had seen him and he hadn't looked really good. I was about to go and visit him with Sam when Mark called.

Of course, there was a flurry of messages backwards and forwards. How could this happen? Everyone was really worried. Please, please be okay.

Apparently, he has just been bought out of it today and is conscience for the first time since last week.

He had a tube in every orifice, which are slowly being removed. IV drip, catheter, nasal feed tube, the works.

I spoke to him today. 
"Well, haven't you got yourself some attention?"
"Haven't I?"
"Look at me, look at me."
"Like the best of them."
"Are you feeling better?"
"Much."
"Do you know what day it is?"
"No idea."
"It must be lovely?"
"Like a clam."
"Or a plate of them?"
"Indeed."

He says he has to watch his diet.

"So, it is tofu and mountain water from her on out."

"Sadly, yes," he agreed.

Of course, I was meaning that the alcohol will have to stop. No more pissed before lunch.
I guess he knew what I meant.

"When do you get out?"
"I have no idea. I don't even know what day it is, remember?"

No comments: