Friday, February 01, 2019

I'm Terribly Sorry... I Mean... You Know... Oops

I slapped the woman in the legs with 10 kilos of dog meat as I got off the tram and she was none too pleased about it.

“Oh, I am so sorry.” And I was. There isn’t much room between the seats on those new trams, like most things modern and up to date.

My apology seemed to make little difference she still had her lips pursed into something resembling a cat’s arse as I smiled sweetly in her direction.

I don’t really think it was the impact that she was most concerned about, it would have been cold and soft. When she sat down I saw her gaze into my bag on the floor between us, Oh, what have you bought, to see a mountain of diced beef just sitting there staring back at her, and she looked more aghast at that point than later. She did an uncanny impersonation of Edna Everage, as she looked from the bag on the floor and back to me. She gave the distinct impression that, perhaps, she was a vegetarian, or vegan, certainly anti meat.

So, I guess I can understand her anguish when 10 kilos of lovely red meat shimmied up her shin, as I was exiting the tram. Well, I don’t actually understand it, but I can imagine. 


The look on her face was priceless. Worst nightmare, and all.

Oops.

I threw 10 kilos of dog meat over my shoulder in my reusable carry bag and nearly dislocated my shoulder in my attempted get away.

Oops, again.

No comments: