Sunday, March 17, 2019

Ignorance Is Bliss

I never read the newspapers after a mass shooting they are just too much, a feeding frenzy, besides I find that I absorb enough of the facts without ever trying to seek them out.

We bang on about it interminably, now don't we.

In fact, I barely like to acknowledge that it has happened. You know, if it weren't for the media outlets desperate for the latest big news item, if it weren't for the saturation coverage, I could almost miss that it had happened at all, and I'd be much happier for it, and it wouldn't affect my life.

If it weren't for the news services bringing the grimmest of news stories into my life so they can win the ratings, and then, I assume, get a bigger slice of the advertising revenue, I'd not know it even happened, I'd be none the wiser, and I really think that is a preferable way to live.

No comments: