Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Chatting to Shane

 Christian – I went to the Spud Bar to see Gene


Spud Bar shop up for rent.


Shane – Ohhh lockdown victim. Which spud bar was that? Was it on smith?

Christian – Brunswick Street, with the cute boy. Gene

Shane – Ahhh? I’m trying to think if I knew it? Did he have hot hot potatoes?

Christian – He was your straight ULO. With hot potatoes

Shane – Oh yes! Now I remember. They did good potatoes too 😀

Christian – Yes, he had good potatoes. I think every queen in Fitzroy wanted to see them

Shane – Haha, yes, I too, that’s sad he gone. Are there many shops closed/gone due to lockdown? I think restaurants are going to be fucked here

Christian – there are a few of those boutiques of nonsense in Gertrude Street up for lease

Shane – Boutiques on nonsense! Haha. They might have done better if they called one of them that

Christian – You know, with shiny things, and leather straps and feathers. Chrome is big in them. Queen Victoria's couch and Elvis Presley's tooth pick and that sort of thing

Shane – Yes, I know the ones – and all terribly expensive

Christian – all frightfully expensive

Shane – For tatt

Christian – lots of tatt. Well, a few of those have gone tattars

Shane – Haha! Was it terrible or frightful, all sounds dreadful

Christian – You never quite know if your wear it, or sit on it

Shane – I’m closing my London and Manchester office. If the fuckers can work from home and prove that they can, why should I give them A desk walls and roof

Christian – You are closing your London office? Oh. So, you'll work from home?

Shane – Yes, end of lease, taking advantage of it

Christian – I soooooo want to work from home forever

Shane – Let’s see how the office property market looks in 6 months. Hahah. It took a bit to get used to, my husband loves to chat

Christian – We're all working from home until the end of July, at this stage

Shane – I’m going to get 6 desks somewhere with a meeting room. See how it goes

Christian – Sam works in the lounge room, and I work in the study, and I have a dedicated computer for work, that I only use for work, and the day flies by. And Sam’s work has meeting room and some chairs somewhere too.

Shane – Although last couple of days I have been thinking do I even need that. 2nd wave is looking likely

Christian – My mother's two dining room tables come in handy

Shane – If you look at what is happening around the world now where they have relaxed

Christian – And her 10 dining room chairs, it good to put them to some use

Shane – Do you have them at home?

Christian – yes

Shane – I never saw them there? In the dining room office?

Christian – Well, she died in Dec 2015, you haven’t been here since then?

Shane – Probably not, you were away i think last time. So, you have space to spread out. That’s nice

Christian – One is in the study, and one is behind the couches in the lounge at the back door

Shane. Ahhh lovely!

Christian – Oh, we're really over furnished, but it is good for working from home

Shane – Only a little crammed dear

Christian – We threw 8 dining room chairs into the tip, Sybil would have shat herself

Shane – Are you writing much?

Oh my! That’s not fun

Christian – They were reproduction. She had 16 of the fuckers, all up.

Shane – Haha, oh the shame of it now that her secret is out. They were not the real deal. 16! Fuck me! That’s a dinner party. Did she ever have 16 to dinner ?

Christian – Oh yes, she inherited half of them, but with dad’s lodge do’s and her teaching stuff, yeah she did use them.

Since I have been in lockdown, I have resurrected my old gay sex novel, and I have it all planned out now

Shane – Brilliant! The world needs more gay sex now to cheer us up

Christian – I've added a story to the first half of it, and I have the last 3rd written, it is now just the difficult middle bit to get done

Shane – Planning is important

Christian – It actually might get finished

Shane – Great! Let me know if you would like me to read anything for you. Do! Finish it!

Christian – Oh, don't you worry about that, luv

Shane – Have you done the Margaret Atwood master class?

Christian – No, but she is fascinating to listen to

Shane – Ali bought access during lockdown. I watched it, she’s really good on it. I think we are going to watch the one on cooking Mexican next and give that a go

Christian – She is great to listen to, really smart and interesting, but I have to admit, I have never read any of her books

Shane – Lockdown makes us do strange things I know. I read the hand maidens tale when I lived at [name] street and was trying to read booker prize winners. I know it spooked me out then.

She gives good writing advice.

Christian – yes, she does. she is smart and generous

Shane – Photo red roses.

Shane – My roses are nearly dead. They have been so pretty, we need green and life when you are stuck in the house so much.

Well lovely chatting. I have to go to work now. Making 3 redundant at the moment, sad times

Christian – Nice flowers

Shane – Be good to get to the end of the financial year and finish this fucker. It’s been torcher trying to get funds

Christian – I've been made redundant twice, and both times I had to console the person doing it when they burst into tears

Shane – Haha!!!! Oh dear,

Christian – roll of the eyes

Shane – That’s not how it’s done. At least you know they genuinely did not want to get rid of you

Christian – Well, enjoy

Shane – Yes! Thanks. You too. Cxxx.

Christian – I'm going to light a fire and put my feet up

Shane. Haha. 32 degrees here Today, And yesterday

Christian – wet and cold here

Shane – I am fully British now

Christian – 32 degrees?

Shane – Yes!

Christian – That's hot for London

Shane – And I’m complaining about the heat. 

It is.

Haha, whinging Pom now

Stay warm

Night

Christian – Oh well, how's a singlet and shorts to do the redundancies?


No comments: