Saturday, March 12, 2022

Preston Market

We went shopping at the Preston Market. It seemed like forever since we have shopped there. I love the market. I’m not even sure it is that much cheaper than normal shops. It is the ambience, the hustle and the bustle, the people that make it special.

Sam heads over to the dumpling shop and orders lunch while I park the car in the car park. You just have to pick your lane and prop and someone always leaves with in 5minutes, maybe slightly longer.

I was waiting when a couple in a Grand Jeep Cherokee approaching from the other direction, coming the wrong way down the laneway, against the arrows, stop just ahead of me, seemingly just for a chat, effectively blocking the traffic, so nobody behind me could pass.

I’m pretty sure she stopped because she was a little woman trying manoeuvre a big car. (That’s not supposed to be sexist, it is meant to be a comment on the stupidity of driving huge 4WDs)

Then she moved forward wound down her window and said, “You might need to move as you are blocking the traffic.” Her male companion mimicked her remark.

A couple of entitled things, I thought.

I was bemused by her. I wanted to say, You are coming the wrong way down this parking lane, completely oblivious, if you can’t manage such a big car, get a smaller one, but I said nothing. I moved forward a bit, and she and her male companion drove off.

A woman appeared and said, “I’m going.” And I’d waited maybe 5 minutes at the most.

Sam does the shopping, I’m the bag carrier.

Someone was playing the old piano which is always a treat.


No comments: