I slept alone with Otto, while Sam slept in the other room fitted out with his Sleep Apnoea apparatus.
Otto usually sleeps snuggled up to Sam at night, but he did sleep kind of against me, when it was just him and me.
I woke at 3am and had a piss, and Otto was lying long ways out against me.
I woke again at 5.15am and I reached out for him, but he wasn't there.
Then I heard, "Growl. Growl. Growl. Growl."
I looked up and he was sitting by the bedroom door staring at me.
Oh, okay, sure. I got up and put my dressing gown on and as soon as I opened the bedroom door, Otto ran downstairs and straight to the back door, with me in pursuit.
He ran up the back of the garden and had a huge diarrhoea attack.
It was even warm outside in my dressing gown at that time of the morning.
Clever boy, I thought.
I think bulldogs are smart, even if on the smartest dogs list they don't come up at the top.
Sam went to the office early, delivering his monitoring equipment back to the hospital on his way.
Charlie left quite early, going off to do whatever it is that he does. I think he has got another restaurant kitchen job.
Otto and I settled in to work for the day. I had everything I needed to do pretty much done by 10am, so I get to re-write my blogs for the rest of the day. Lovely. Otto is on the couch next to me in the study snoring.
No comments:
Post a Comment