Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Party is Over

Everybody has moved out. The house is quiet. As I look around, I can't help but think that the party is over. The once big party house is still. The fun we all had over the years, all gone, all silent, all finished. At the height of all our shenanigans there were ten people living here. Ah, happy times.

We all had fun, all right. The family. Our family, we used to call each other.

Some are dead. Some have moved inter state. Some moved to the country. One went insane, in fact, I think I need to take the picture of him off the wall now. I find it a little depressing. One disappeared to Greece never to be heard from again. Of course, quite a few live just down the road.

Just me and the cat, Missy. Everyone else has moved on? Have I been left behind, with the now silent rooms? Some days I can't help but feel it. Or, is it just the way of life?


No comments: