Friday, April 04, 2008

Weekend with Charlie

Wow! I'm out of practise. Charlie asked me what I was doing on the weekend? Was I having a quiet one at home like I did last weekend.

I hadn't thought about it, I said.

He was staying home watching all the stuff he's been downloading over the last week, he said. He was going to be home alone.

He smiled at me, you know, real friendly.

Did I say, Did he want do some thing, or did he want some company, like I intuitively knew I should. No, I let doubt creep in and pulled back.

I said, Really, what have you been downloading?

He went on to tell me about the Jesse James movie he'd downloaded and the moment passed.

I'm way out of practice. Talk about slow.

He's cute. I like the way he smiles at me. I like the way he found me at work drinks, tonight, touching me on the arm to say he was there, just naturally. Smile.

He said at work drinks, that he had a dinner on tonight, he’d forgotten about. He raised his eyebrows, as if he was sorry.

Pity, I said. I was going to come watch downloads with you.

He laughed.


I lay on the couch all night, on my own, smoking pot and watching The Bill. Open fire. Cat @ my feet - actually, the cat was there because of the open fire and not me. It's cat, after all.

Shane’s in Adelaide for a tranny friend of his 40th birthday.

Apparently, David was meeting some swami... at...

“And where did you meet the Hugging Llama, I asked?” Temple? Cathedral? Mosque? I thought.

“Sandown Race Course,” replied David.

“On how many levels is that wrong, I asked?”


Bad Company sings, I'm Ready For Love.


No comments: