Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 7

That's a whole week off the fags and feeling fine. So, what's that, 140 cigarettes not smoked. I think it gets easier every time I try. That's $70 not spent. You just have to get it into your head that you can stop smoking, and then you can.


There is one quit add that sticks in my head.

The patient says, I can't quit.

The doctor turns back from the xrays and says, I can't operate.

Don't know why that has stuck in my head, but it has. I guess it is simple. I guess it is succinct. I guess it's to the point. I guess, I never want to hear a doctor saying that to me.


David laughed tonight and said, Do you think you would have quit your job if it hadn't been the first week of quitting smoking?

I laughed.

He said, No, seriously. I don't think you would have.

I laughed, again. Don't cross a queen when he's come off the fags, hey?

I think it's absolutely true, chimed in Shane.

 

No comments: