Tuesday, September 04, 2012

She loves me. She loves me. She really loves me


Oh bad me, I meant to call you last night. But I got chatting to Mark who has fallen over and broke his hand. He will be here on Thursday recuperating on my couch rather than painting my walls. I'll call you tonight.
J


Shane is up at 8am, lying on the couch under his bunny rug, talking about himself to someone on the phone. Oh the endless fascination. He dropped the volume and spoke in hushed tones while I was in the kitchen, like I was interested in what he was saying. Shrug. Not sure why?

It was a beautiful sunny day walking through The Fitzroy Gardens.

I went out to lunch with Sam, to the M restaurant on Swanston Street and they took so long we ended up walking out before we got our meals. They said they were just busy, but the people who came in after us had got their entrées and mains, when the waiter came back and said there was no coconut rise and did I want plain or chicken. We waited ten minutes after that and then we left.

Jack called and told he’d found a replacement for the next job, the Woop woop job. (my boss) told him everything was going fine and that that was good news. I must never say yes to jobs which involve driving to the great unwashed. I'm much happier here amongst the drug addicts and the hookers reputation of the inner suburbs, let me tell you.

So, I guess she must like me after all, my boss. The thought that she didn’t think much of me quite nerved me, more than I would have thought.

Am I being paranoid. I can’t take criticism at the moment, maybe I’m the narcissist? I don't like her much, it is true, what do I have in common with 4 year old's birthdays way out east?

1.40pm
Subject: he he
I’m staying here until the end of September. I’m not going to Woop woop, it is official
j

Subject: he he
Lovely C … I had beef skin and it’s slimy
S

Subject: he he
It’s not always about me.
C

Subject: he he
No no no… told you so!
S

Subject: he he
But it’s not
C

4pm
Subject: OMG!
All I can say is that thank god I have Friday off, I’m exhausted!

Subject: OMG!
Complainer!
S

Subject: OMG!
Oh honey, I was expecting, pat, pat, pat.
C

4.30pm
Subject: Pat, pat, pat
Pat, pat, pat?
C

Subject: Pat, pat, pat
Really? It’s only Tuesday
S

Subject: Pat, pat, pat
I believe I should get pat pat every day, Tuesday or not.
C

Subject: Pat, pat, pat

From lovely me… I give good pats J
S

Subject: Pat, pat, pat
From lovely you… because you give the best pats
C

I came home, it was almost a balmy night. I bought cigarettes at Mitty’s. As I took my change, I saw 2 million on Oz Lotto, a hundred thousand dollars for twenty years, that would suit me just fine, so I bought a ticket.

Shane left his pot in the desk, so I took some. Well, he left it out. I was just going to roll one joint to smoke as I drank my tea outside on the wicker chairs while I spoke to Anthony, about his suspect stroke.

Anthony sounds fine. His doctor is cross he didn’t get in an Ambulance and get to hospital when it happened. He went when he got the use of his hand back. He’s been for tests and depending on what they say there could be more tests. He says he feels fine, still with a slight weakness in his hand, he finds signing his signature difficult.

I made toast and muesli and retired to my bedroom for Big Brother. The Big Bang Theory and The Expendables (2010)

No comments: