Sunday, September 02, 2012

Shane is Getting Married

I woke up at 7.45. I was awake, I knew it. I got up made coffee, lit a fire and rolled a joint.

Then I saw Anthony’s message on Facebook, it was probably from last night, I left my computer on and signed into to apps, but I thought, what the hell.

hello
I've got a fire burning and the cat and I are drinking coffee
C

No answer, not the offer of sending my message as a message, he must still be signed it.

Up early rolling joints, I left Sam sleeping. He didn’t even wake up and make his morning whale noises reconnecting with his pod. It’s boring behaviour, I know. Sam finds it boring. I should be able to have just two joints in the morning and then maybe a couple in the afternoon. But no, I just have to keep rolling them like a loony. It doesn’t even make sense, as Luke said, you smoke yourself straight again. It’s true. Those fifth, sixth and seventh joints are only diminishing the experience anyway. They actually lessen the affect, I’m sure. So, you know, it should be easy to have pot and then just have one morning, lunchtime and afternoon, it should be easy, considering that, probably, is the recipe for enjoying the stoned feeling more.

Sam is up at 9.30am. He catches me with an actual joint between my fingers. I hand it to him, he screws up his nose when he puts it to his lips, instantly, as it has gone out. He hands it back to me, waving it away with his other hand.

He makes toasted cheese and olive. He steals Shane’s olives wrapped tight and hidden away at the bottom of the fridge. As he is cutting them up, he says it feels good to steal Shane’s olives.

“Tastes good too,” he says as he reads this.
We make six slices.

Sam rubs my ears.

Missy lies on the couch behind us.

Sam pats my head.

It is a gentle day.

I open all the windows and smoke another joint. My sister will be here in an hour and so many people have said that when I open the front door to greet people, I am so often followed by a strong gust of marijuana smoke. They have said it is like a tsunami.
We went and ate burgers at Grill’d. Lovely they were too. The sun is shining, it is a beautiful day.

We wandered back to Woolies in the afternoon.

Your Cat drinks coffee ! My Cat wont eat off the floor food must me on a China plate and water is drunk out of a China cup. The strangest cat we have ever had. love A

Well, strictly speaking it was me who was drinking the coffee
C

I wondered if September 21st is the date Shane is getting married?

I can tell you I was surprised when he gave a December date. My sister came and I gave her my loan account number for the transfer, I officially don’t need a housemate any longer. I thought it was going to work out just perfectly, he’d make a dignified exit in three weeks, not three months.

So, there you go.


Hotchkiss' seven deadly sins of narcissism
Hotchkiss identified what she called the seven deadly sins of narcissism: [6]
[6] Hotchkiss, Sandy & Masterson, James F. Why Is It Always About You?: The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism (2003)
1. Shamelessness: Shame is the feeling that lurks beneath all unhealthy narcissism, and the inability to process shame in healthy ways.
2. Magical thinking: Narcissists see themselves as perfect, using distortion and illusion known as magical thinking. They also use projection to dump shame onto others.
3. Arrogance: A narcissist who is feeling deflated may reinflate by diminishing, debasing, or degrading somebody else.
4. Envy: A narcissist may secure a sense of superiority in the face of another person's ability by using contempt to minimize the other person.
5. Entitlement: Narcissists hold unreasonable expectations of particularly favorable treatment and automatic compliance because they consider themselves special. Failure to comply is considered an attack on their superiority, and the perpetrator is considered an "awkward" or "difficult" person. Defiance of their will is a narcissistic injury that can trigger narcissistic rage.
6. Exploitation: Can take many forms but always involves the exploitation of others without regard for their feelings or interests. Often the other is in a subservient position where resistance would be difficult or even impossible. Sometimes the subservience is not so much real as assumed.
Bad boundaries: Narcissists do not recognize that they have boundaries and that others are separate and are not extensions of themselves. Others either exist to meet their needs or may as well not exist at all. Those who provide narcissistic supply to the narcissist are treated as if they are part of the narcissist and are expected to live up to those expectations. In the mind of a narcissist there is no boundary between self and other.

Sam made curry, with chicken and ochre and beans and potatoes and rice.


No comments: