Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Iced Water

My new favourite drink is iced water, lovely. It is the nicest drink, so simple, so refreshing.

Last night, Sam and I went out to eat. It was too hot at home and we wanted to get out of the house. We settled on our favourite Asian restaurant in Smith Street, which was very busy. We ordered and then I got us a bottle of water and 2 glasses. The water was hot, literally. I asked the waitress if she had some ice for the water, as it was practically undrinkable the temperature it was. She said she did. It is amazing how a few cubes of ice transformed the water.

I had to ask for ice 3 times. I felt a little guilty as they were busy and she looked exasperated each time that I did. But fuck it, I thought. The water needed ice and it was such an easy request to fill.

No comments: