Thursday, September 19, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I slipped off to the post office to pay my credit card because it was due tomorrow. Damn! I’ll do it tomorrow. (What? Set up internet banking?) But, today Cathy was going to be late in, something to do with her mother, and I’d only forget tomorrow. Always. So, I did it today, even if I was leaving a bit late as it was. I backed around into (side streets name) and parked in a permit zone, so I had to hurry, not that I didn’t have to hurry anyway.

I got to work at 8.36. Not so late, not so late that anyone would care.

After the small joy of getting my new Org Chart to work, if only on a minor level, I am buoyed to continue with it today.

Pissing away the day, hey hey, pissing away the day. No, not really, but I always feel a little that way when I am left to my own devices at work.

As it turns out, Cathy is possibly away all day, tending to her elderly mother. But, you know, she is that dedicated working type and where most people when offered a day off to attend to personal matters would jump at the chance, there is a good chance that she will be turning up later today. I’m sure there is a boredom issue here, what would she do for the rest of the day? Or something like that. There are identity issues involved here too, but I can’t be bothered discussing them.

She was at her desk when I returned from lunch.


Sam is funny. He suggested a certain course of action for my birthday, but that didn’t work out as we couldn’t get supplies in the required time frame. It has to be scheduled for a Friday night, but Mr South Yarra couldn’t get stuff to us until midday on Saturday. No good. I’d imbibed just a little of my (green) goddess, hick, and I didn’t even realise until I hung up the phone. Sam mentioned it. I had to call back. “No chance for Friday, at this stage,” he said. They aren’t nearly as friendly on the second phone call, let me tell you.

“Yes?”

“Blahdy blah blah…”

“No.”

Oh.

So, that was that. We had vague discussions regarding Mr South Yarra and collecting it from him half way through the weekend and keeping it for another time, but that was as far as we got.


We walked to the supermarket. That idiot dog wouldn’t walk anywhere else. I was pissed off, as I waited. I hate it when he does that. I wanted to text Sam that I was going home because, of course, Buddy will walk home.

I made seafood risotto.

After dinner, Sam got some messages and then he asked me if 5 for $350 was good?

“Sounds good.”

“He’ll be over this way later, he will message me when he is on his way.”

“Who? ...?”

“A contact he gave me.”

“I haven’t got Monday off…”

“It is your easy day, don’t be a baby.”

He got another message a bit later. “Where is the corner of Blah Street and Smith Street?”

I told him.

He’s funny, he said he was going to meet this guy, on his own. As if I’d let him do that. “I’ll drive you.”

We had to go to the bank and then to the meeting spot. Car parks were at a premium, Thursday night and all. We found a park in Smith Street and waited.

The next message came, he would be there in two minutes. A black 220. Sam got out of the car and walked over to the meeting spot. Moments later, a black 220 pulled up, over the crossroad, lights on, engine running. Sam got in. “Text me when you want more,” he apparently said, after the deal was done. You’ve got to love that. It is always hard when you don’t have a reliable contact. Sam got out of the car again. The 220 did a neat u turn and was gone before Sam was back in the car.

Good old mobile man. One of the (dick sucking) brotherhood, apparently. Good for him. Good for him trying to get ahead in life, make a little extra, it is industrious. I thought the govt wanted us all to embrace free enterprise?

Then it was the usual procedure, Manhaus and then Woolies for Up & Go.

I was told I should start preparing the long beans when I got home… but, I vetoed the food instead. Lately, when it doesn’t seem to work, we have always eaten just before hand. Shrug. I don’t know, but it is worth a try, I reckon.

No comments: