Christine was in late, so I did what I liked until 11am when she appeared.
I chatted to Jude. Enthusiastically, is the only way I could describe it. I really only have eyes for him when I am around him. And I get the distinct feeling, he is the same with me. I so want to kiss him. I so want to do more than that to him.
Shayleen arrived at 3pm. She is taking 10 days off to drive to Queensland to spend her holidays with her boyfriend’s deeply religious family.
“Good luck with that,” I say.
“Oh, it will be fine,” she says.
“I tell her that I’m glad she thinks it will be fine,” says Jude.
“Have you met them before?” I ask.
“Oh sure,” says Shayleen.
“Have you spent any extended time with them before,” I ask.
“No,” says Shayleen. “Xmas.” She does a humorous grimace.
“Holidays?” Jude asks.
“Day,” says Shayleen.
Jude and I suck in breath in exactly the same way. Then we look at each other and laugh. I wanna say snap. I’m pretty sure Jude wants to tell me he loves me. Oh well, that’s what my still small voice told me anyway. Don’t mess with my fantasy.
No comments:
Post a Comment