Thursday, September 25, 2014

Walk Instead of the Great Doom and Gloom

I go walking now, instead of watching the news. I recommend that everybody do it. Go and see the world, rather than listening to how it is falling apart. 

You know, my opinion of the news now a days, Relax, it may never fucken happen. Switch the news off, that's what I say. And if you watch Media Watch, half of the news isn't true anyway. The worst thing that ever happened to the news was it being included in the ratings.

So, I go walking instead now. And I've got a great reminder, alarm, if you like. I don't need Outlook, or iPhone, or a smart watch, reoccurring events, or not, I've have Sam.

"Aren't you supposed to be going for a walk?"

"Um... er... oh..." I reply.

"Move your arse fat boy!"

It's lovely. I walk through the Exhibition Gardens, world heritage and all, watch the cute uni students at Melbourne Uni, laugh at the cars stuck in peak hour traffic in Elgin Street as I catch up to them and over take them and leave them behind, watching the day fade away to evening, before my very eyes, without noticing it fade away at all.



And I get dinner cooked for me while I am out. Although, it's not all beer and skittles as I have to clean the kitchen after Sam has used every pot and pan in the kitchen, as cooks who don't clean do, which is really annoying. I guess not as annoying as having your leg bitten off by a shark, or getting harpooned up the arse, but annoying enough.

No comments: