Monday, May 04, 2015

A Story About David



David is the only one of my friends who entertains the thought of me writing about them all. The rest of my friends don't think about, I am sure. David still treats it as a bit of a myth, do I, don't I? He thinks I might one day. So here is a story about David.

David has every aspect of his life pretty much worked out. He is successful professionally, people love him, he is the life of the party, with a tendency to over share.

The only aspect of his life that is rubbish, is his love life. David sets himself as the wise one, but in the matters of the heart, he is a little boy, still reacting in a childish way. So his love life is a mess.

So it is a big deal when he starts seeing someone new. He puts so much store in them right from the outset.

David calls. He slept with Lachlan for the first time. Lachlan snores. David can’t sleep.

So David got up and took a stillnoxs, but that wasn’t enough, he still couldn’t sleep. So he then had a valium, but that didn’t work either, so he took another stillnoxs, by which stage he was off his chops out of it.

By this stage Lachlan stirred. He starts talking to David, asking him if he was alright.

David ends up slobbering into Lachlan's chest, “You were snoring, I couldn’t sleep. 
Your snores are irregular, there is no rhythm to fall asleep to. I had to take 3 sleeping tablet.”

“You took 3 sleeping tablets?” repeats Lachlan, some what alarmed.

“Will you stay with me forever,” dribbles David.


Lachlan laughed.

I tell David it paints a pretty picture.

They’ve only just met a week ago. This was the first time they slept together.


David says he is a hopeless romantic.

I tell him he will never see Lachlan again.

No comments: