Thursday, May 21, 2015

Out of Pocket Expenses

None of my surgery is claimable on Medicare, nor private health insurance. Can you tell me why this is not claimable? This is everything that is now wrong with our health system. How can having skin cancer cut out not be a claimable medical expense? I ask? 

It is because I went to a private clinic and not to a public hospital, that is the reason. 

How is this good at preventing more serious claims down the track? 

But not able to be claimed on private health insurance? What good is private health insurance? I think private health insurance is a waste of money. I've had mine for years and I have never really claimed, other than when I go to the dentist... and then my dentist told me that extra dental cover was a waste of money, you get far less out of it than it costs you and that we'd all be better off putting the extra cost of the extras cover into a separate bank account instead of paying to health insurance companies.

I guess I am lucky that I can afford it, but really, what does that say in itself? What happens to the people who can't afford it?

I really believe that politicians are in power for the good of all of the countries citizens and not just for the corporate honchos and themselves, which is clearly the case today.

1 comment:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Had the same issue with my recent hospital visit...so many out of pocket expenses and uncertainty with what is and isn't covered by medicare/private health insurance. The biggest surprise was the aggressiveness of the hospital, which asked if I wanted yo pay them right away as I laid in the Emergency Room.