Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Dinner in a Train

We had dinner in the train restaurant in Easey Street Collingwood with Rachel and her kids, Oliver, Oreya and Anton. They are hardly kids now a days, anyway. They are all grown up and they are delightful, even if Jill often snarks, "Why does she always have to bring one of her children?" I don't know why Jill thinks such things, maybe she is just stuck in her thinking. (Of course, she is at home as I type presumably eating herself to death)

We walked down to the restaurant  it was cold. The train is really interesting it is on top of the building on the forth floor. Sam and I had burgers with the lot, with potato cakes and dim sims inside them, and lots of cheese. They were interesting and tasty, but I am not sure you would want to eat them every day. There were other burger options, which the others had. I'd like to go back during the day just to see the view, I'm sure it would be really cool.

We came home and built a fire and drank tea and ate the carrot cake I had made earlier today, Rachel, Oreya, Oliver, Sam and me. The cake turned out rather well, I was pleased. Milo cleared off, he's a scaredy cat when it comes to strangers. Buddy was out of control excited, as he can get when visitors arrive. We didn't really get that part of his training perfected, unfortunately. We talked about Oliver, the dog and Oliver, the boy, asked if that is who he is named after. Cute, huh? I had a dog named Oliver when Rachel was pregnant with Anton, so she couldn't name Anton Oliver. When Rachel was pregnant with Oliver, her son, Oliver my dog had died, so she called her second boy Oliver.

We stayed up until midnight, Sam and I.

No comments: