Saturday, June 06, 2015

Post Operative

I've been feeling cranky, I am not sure why. Grumpy, crappy, whatever you want to call it. I don't know if it is post operative? Ha ha. Post operative stress syndrome? Do you think? (I think I am grumpy, actually, because the country is being run by neanderthal liars and we are being mismanaged and taken so far backwards that this country may never, actually, recover, but I digress)

Ah, Saturday. I was up early. It was cold. I ate olive bread and coffee for breakfast  Apparently, we had to eat the bread, so I couldn't have muesli, so I was instructed, by he who must be obeyed. 

We went to have haircuts around lunch time. We walked into the city to the cheap hairdresser, $10 each.
Cute little Asian guy with big glasses and a tiny little arse. The first thing he did was push the clipper comb into my bandaged wound. The bandage was flesh coloured and he wasn't to know. I should have warned him, but I didn't think of it in time. Ouch! It hurt.

Afterwards, we went to Tina Chinese noodle house in Swanston Street and we ate lunch. The bowls of soup are large and hot and yum. They come out at 150 degrees, so the sign on the wall says. I wondered how long it would be before a customer wore one? Oh, that wont be pretty.

I rubbed my hand against my poor sore forehead and my healing wound oozed again. Oh, grrr! I just wanted to go home and tear the bandage off and paint it with Betadine. Will this thing ever heal, I thought to myself? How long do these things take?

We shopped in Uni Glo. We bought new hoodies and Sam bought a matching track suit and top to wear around the house. I made him buy two of different colours, so he could miss match the tops and bottoms, so it wouldn't look like a lounge suit. He danced around in the change room in the single colour suit, like he was some half whit on a dancer floor, revelling in his crazy pant suit self. He is so funny.

We got home in the late afternoon. I ripped off the bandage and it was all weepy again, kind of pussy in the middle. Sigh. I went to a plastic surgeon for this. It looks like a big hole in the side of my head. Damn!

Sanm painted it with Betadine. I'm supposed to massage in vitamin E cream, or sorbolene cream. I investigated paw paw cream as scar management on the internet.

I'll start the massage tomorrow. Er? Maybe, after it heals up a bit. I'm sure you aren't supposed to massage sorbolene cream into it until it is all smoothed over like a Barbie doll crotch. Maybe, I'll start the massage next week.

No comments: