Saturday, December 05, 2020

What happened to Dorothy Kilgallen? That's Peggy Lee, of course


Dorothy Kilgallen said To Peggy Lee on What's My Line, Feb 1960, that she couldn't stop listening to Peggy Lee's latest album, Latin ala Lee!

So, 60 years later I play the album from my laptop on iTunes wirelessly to my HomePod speakers in the inner suburbs of Melbourne, just to hear what is was that Dorothy Kilgallen couldn’t stop listening to.

I wonder what Dorothy played it on in her townhouse in Manhattan at the very beginning of the 1960s?

60 years later, it still sounds current. I kind of like it, despite never being a Peggy Lee fan.

Music crosses space and time, now doesn't it. Here it is 60 years later and nearly 20 years after Peggy Lee died at the age of 81.

And interestingly enough, the theme song to Sex in the City is on this album.


No comments: