Saturday, July 30, 2022

How Much Do I Like You?

There is a very good method of deciding if you are really into someone, or not. I thought of an easy way of working it out. 

Oh, I don’t know when it came to me? 

Was it when I was following that tradie, in old black jeans and a tool belt, with the thick band of underwear elastic protruding above his waist, out to his ute as I was heading over to the bakery. He winked at me and said, “G’day.” Was it that?

Was it, the 20 something guy who lives down the road who jogs in those tiny black shorts. Um? He was jogging on the spot on the corner of my street seemingly taking his pulse, or he was counting something, as he was, and most things about him were, bouncing up and down, as I was trying to manoeuvre Buddy around him. “Come on Bud.”

We it that delivery guy in hi viz who dropped a parcel right in front of me? Who I very nearly walk right up the rear of when he bent over to pick up the parcel. I hope there was nothing breakable in it?

“Oh!” I said, as I pulled up suddenly. I wasn’t expecting that. I had headphones on and wasn’t really paying much attention.

“That was nearly a disaster,” said the delivery guy. He had a huge grin across his face. I wondered if we were thinking the same thing? Probably not, even if the grin was giving it a yes.

Was it the supermarket guy who works in Coles in Collingwood who wears those really tight black jeans and polo shirt, just recently when I was looking for corn flour to stiffen my noodles? He went right up on his tiptoes as I walked behind him.

Oh, I can’t remember?

But it is, would you lick that person’s arse? I think it could be a definitive measure.


No comments: