Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bed Wetting

I can vague out sitting on the toilet, be miles away in some thought, off in some twilight world, when I'm taken back to my childhood, at the precise moment that I wet the bed, when I nonchalantly piss. Whatever the visual is in my head, for a millisecond, it doesn't match the physical act, like motion sickness, which was the wake up trigger for me as a child. I shiver, as I remember all those times, as a kid, where I was dreaming of taking a leak and as soon as I let go, I'd be woken in my bed, sometimes, still in the act of wetting the sheets; with that feeling of being out of place, being caught out, of falling, wanting to call out Nooooooooooooooo!.

I wet my bed until I was quite old, five or six, maybe a bit older. It wasn't until we were away on holidays with my cousins and they all had to see the upturned mattress drying that I decided that I would never wet my bed again and I never did.

I shuddered, as an adult, as my five year old self made his presence felt. It's interesting how strong those embarrassing moments, as a child, still are.

Funny the things you think, hey?


1 comment:

Enuresis Treatment Center said...

We read your blog posting, and would like to offer some advice. Self-treatment programs alone are not as effective as combining them with professional guidance. With self-treatment programs, there is no personalized attention and no long-term follow-up. For 32 years, the Enuresis Treatment Center has successfully treated thousands of people from around the world who thought there was no hope. The Enuresis Treatment Center works with bedwetters to eliminate the underlying problem: The deep sleep disorder, which makes a difference in the quality of life. They have a 97% success rate. The Enuresis Treatment Center has put together an informative guide to understanding and treating bedwetting. This free bedwetting guide is available to download at www.freebedwettingguide.com.