Wednesday, August 13, 2008

3 days

Two more sleeps. I was late yesterday, didn't get there until about 10am. Slept in was the official word. Actually, I pushed up date on my computer, as I was messing around on it in the morning and the damn thing took an hour to download. Bugger! Why stress. Who cares. What are they going to do, sack me?


Sometimes, I have small terrors, like when I'm walking down Bourke Street or driving in my car. They come upon in a shiver, the sense of what-have-I-done rushing in my brain. Who do I think I am, giving it all up? Oh my, my, will I be okay?

I look at the punters around me, standing at the intersection, or my fellow car drivers at the lights.

We're so connected to the mice running on the wheel. Just keep going. Consumerism is the disease, it's killing the world, actually. Keep juggling, Jack... we all get our arses wiped in the end.

I look at there expressionless faces and I know, I want to do something different, even if just for a while.

This is going to be great, I think. I walk on the green man. I slip the car into gear.


No comments: