Saturday, August 02, 2008

Oh, Saturday Morning

We got shit-faced on sake, wine, pot and valium - our German house guest, L, handed them around. You should have seen David's eyes light up, his students would be surprised. I think Sebastian was responsible for the sake. L then passed some hi-tech phone around with a video of him masturbating for his Italian boyfriend, which he was just about to send to him. Shane said he felt soiled, but David wanted L to get it out there and then so he could inspect L's foreskin. Mark W. was very pissed and flung things off the coffee table towards the fire, until he was reprimanded. Actually, by me.

"Christian, you say don't throw things in the fire, as if I'd, actually, do it."

"Mark, you said it like you, actually, would."

I'd like to think Mark W. and I flirt, but I have no idea what he thinks.

Mark's on probation, Mark W. and Matt usually have to be kept separate, can't be in the same room, they don't play well together. (Mark blames Matt for the breakup. Matt thinks Mark W. should move on and leave Shane alone) Shane's starting to mix them, so Mark W. isn't feeling like he is left out quite so often. We talked. We laughed.

Mark W had to be encouraged to leave. Sebastian had clearly had enough of Mark's antics when he said he was leaving and Mark W. asked him if he'd drive him home. "Um... er... okay, I guess, " said Sebastian. David went to bed first. Matt went to see a man about a dog, actually, something about music he is remixing for someone. L, who now lives in quiet old Brisbane, with his husband, didn't want to got to sleep as he was having more fun than he could remember when, but had to meet with a bunch of Christians this morning. I know, shudder! It's some study L is doing.

Shane and I settled in with the mull bowl and the carafe to watch Will & Grace, season six and season seven.

I woke to the cold of the dead open fire, a black TV and a shiver, as though someone had just walked over my grave, to see Shane looking at me with a screwed up face.

"I'm going t..." Shane got up and tripped over the corner of the coffee table.

"It's...um... 6.30am." I was trying to focus on my, overly, bright mobile phone. I had to close one eye to see.

"Jesus, fuck!" and Shane was gone.


Matt appeared at the door. "I'm glad you two are awake... I didn't know what I was going to do."

"What have you been..."

"I've been dancing with the guys under the lights." He raised his hands over his head and grooved to himself.

"Who?"

He told me, I didn't recognise the name. The big job he's got. He'd told me. I'd forgot. I think he looked hurt, but wasn't sure if that was the sake, wine, pot or valium clouding my judgement.

He seemed to be very active, alert, up and on.


I'm supposed to be taking my mother shopping, this morning. Oh, the pain!

There is nothing cuter than a cat yawning.

 

No comments: