Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Want To Make It Through

I went out looking for James. Well? Crazier things have happened, I can assure you.


Instead, I found Marty. Short blond hair, steel blue eyes, big mouth, just made for kissing. Angular face, handsome, a day's growth as sharp as needles and the smell of alcohol on his breath.

The bastard must have put his tooth through my bottom lip, some time when we were kissing and crawling over each other. I didn't realise until after we'd had sex, when I realised the beard rash couldn't, actually, be inside my mouth.

Another one who wanted to be fucked without a condom. The majority of the boys I have sex with want to be fucked raw. One of them last week, pulled the condom off me and said, Do it to me now. Drug fucked eyes, desperate for it.

Do these guys realise that being positive isn't that great? I watch my mates deal with it. And while all of them are healthy, there are side effects to the pills and all sorts of minor heath issues that can occur. Not to mention living with the angst of a virus eating its way through your blood, on a daily basis.

I want to be negative when they find the cure. I want to be able to say, I made it through. I don't know why, silly really, but it's just my thing. It just seems to be a part of the problem to not really care.

I wondered about the unsafe sex issue, as I tongued the split in my lip, as I lent against the wall trying to convince myself to go home. I did a couple of laps, lusted after Crazy Boy. Laughed, when one of the other guys said, He scares me, nodding his head in Crazy Boy's direction.

I grunted in agreement and thought to myself, I find him captivating.

But, with a split lip the choice about staying was really taken out of my hands.

Crazy Boy came up to me a bit later and said, Are you staying much longer?

I'm not sure why, except we do chat a bit when he's not running from one place to another. And I do eye the bulge in his pants... so, I guess I know why we chat.

No, I said. I'm heading home. And I headed out the door. 


2 comments:

Bert said...

Yeah, me too!
Last Tuesday evening I was re-reading the catalogue for the Art in the Age opf AIDS exhibition, held at the National Gallery of Australia in 1994. It made me remember all the boys, those beautiful boys that died at its most dreadful peak. I think we owe it to ourselves to honour them and stay healthy.
In the end the meds will probably save you. But if you look at AZT and how it made people healthy and then toxic....do you want to take that chance. And really, who the fuck wants to live their life attached to a pill box. Time enough to be medicalised when we are old.

FletcherBeaver said...

Absolutely!