Friday, November 27, 2009

Mr Touchy

My grade 5 teacher was Mr Touchy. He was cool. I liked him. But, I wonder now about him? When we had misbehaved to, what he thought, was an unacceptable way, he used to get us boys up the front of the classroom bending over his desk, so he could smack our bottoms with a metre ruler in front of the whole class.

Do you reckon it gave him a thrill when his long ruler made contact with our nubile arses?

Did us boys think it was a joke? I can't remember now. Did I ever get my arse whacked, I don't think I did.

It seems quite bizarre now when I think back.

I guess things were of a time, and if we looked back at practices of a bygone era we would be horrified about many things. 


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

I always wondered about some of the things that went on at my school too like year 6 camp when the teachers made us all strip naked and have 40 second showers. What was the point of that...really?

Even worse...A friend of my aunt's was telling me how he came across his teacher in the sand dunes at a gay beat when he was a teenager. They continued to have a thing going on after school but the teacher treated him like shit in class (to 'avoid rousing suspicion').

FletcherBeaver said...

I walked into the Peel once, and there were 5 of my senior school teachers all standing at the bar drinking. I'd left school by then, but it was still too much for me, and I left.