Friday, May 27, 2011

Yesterday Was The Day

I applied for a new job, today, I've just done it. I dragged my resume out and dusted it off and then updated it, adding in the hell-like salt mines. I then emailed it off. Easy.

I also finally called up my old boss at the consulting firm I used to work at two jobs ago, oh, er, three jobs ago. She no longer works Fridays, I laughed, but of course.

You see, yesterday was the day I'd given myself to leave the shit law firm I now work for. Well, anyway, it had to get better by yesterday, or I resign. It didn't.

The thing is, I have done nothing about securing a new job. Interest zero, they are all a waste of time. Work, that is. Bunch of cunts, as I have trained Sam to say. Even updating my resume, I could barely muster the enthusiasm, and I didn't read back over it. It was done, I attached it to the email and pushed send. It's a good thing I'm trained as a writer. Oh, you know, semi trained. I've got a qualification.

The corporate world? It's full of trumped up wannabees who use work as a measure of their worth, who use work to obtain power over the only aspect of their lives that they can control and feel important. Sad bunch of bastards, really. Most of them, not all of them, there are a few nice ones left.

So, two forays into getting another job, which, hopefully, should manifest itself in something positive, so I can resign on Tuesday.

Now some may say that my bitterness level is so great that yesterday was the day for me to resign, so I could give four weeks notice and be out of the place just before the end of the financial year... not such a great thing for a finance guy to do. And while I'm not denying that I am enjoying this particular thought, it's not actually the main reason. June is my anniversary date, I've been there seven years and it is the first available date that I can leave and have my long service leave paid out to me. The other fact is just an added bonus.

Actually, all of the planets are aligning, as Mark has finally sold his house and can now afford to pay me back the money he owes me and I can now, actually, afford to resign and take my time to find a new job. I can, actually, now afford to resign Tuesday, job or no job.

So, what should I do?


No comments: