Friday, May 20, 2011

You can't start the morning with the last cigarette of the day

Shane said I couldn't start the day off with the last cigarette, it just doesn't work that way. I knew that, but I was in denial, kidding myself.

I picked up my car from the mechanic and my mechanic offered me a cigarette, just like that, he held out his hand with an open packet.

Then I picked my mum and headed to Seymour to meet my sister, as we were driving up the country to do a house inspection.

We stopped in Shepparton for lunch. As mum and my sister went to the toilet, I ordered and sat down at the table. The previous customers had left their cigarettes behind.

"What is this?" I thought. "The world is against me today?"

I slipped the cigarettes into my pocket before my mum and sister came back.

No comments: