Saturday, October 15, 2011

Exercise and Food

Of course, straight people support gay marriage, marriage is normal to them. We as gay people are being sucked into the beige vortex of marriage that is not normal to us, and nobody seems to notice.

This was going to be the next part of my discussion on why I don’t think gay marriage is all it is meant to be, but you know, I was only trying to tell people how I felt, it was never my intention to change anyone else’s ideas. But, people get so caught up in trying to convince the other of their position that such arguments always seem to end in bad feelings. So, I decided not to engage any further. I’d stated my position that was all I was trying t do, so I argued no further.

I open and close Facebook as Sam gets busy in the kitchen. I settle on ninemsn instead. Naturally, the news stream of choice.


Sam makes egg toasted sandwiches for breakfast, anything to avoid muesli. Hey. “This will be lovely,” he says. “And I don’t want to eat your morning chaff yet again.”

"Rude."

I make coffee though. The most important, non-negotiable part of brekky, after all.

We go bike riding. Out bike tyres are practically flat, showing how long it is since we went riding. Shame, shame, shame. Mine aren’t so bad, but Sam’s are surprisingly flat.

It’s nice to be out whizzing along with the fresh air in my face with my handsome boyfriend once again.


We headed to the city to QV. Sam is in the mood to spend the afternoon traipsing around the shops. Me, not so much. But it is a rainy Saturday afternoon and I can’t think of a better idea.

We went to the Asian grocer in Russell Street and bought ingredients for Sam to cook noodles. Yum, yum. I don’t know what number of hours in the cycle we are on before it gets back to food, but it isn’t that many.


Shane had been clearly doing crystal, he didn’t come down for dinner. While Sam and I were watching TV, I’m sure I heard the front door opening and closing with his trade.

Late, Shane said he was heading out to have dinner with Patrick and Harry. It seemed like no time at all that he was back again.

Even later, I think I heard the front door open and close with more trade for Shane.

It’s kind of sad really, that continual and fruitless hunt for love. The It Gets Better message could be appropriate here, I think as my eyes are closing on me and my bed feels like the most comfortable thing in the whole wide world. Just relax and it will happen, I think.


No comments: