Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tom's Mum Died

Tom's mum died, almost four years to the day that Tom died. Tom would be very sad, he loved his mum, of course. She was a great woman, such a character.

Tom's dad, Fred, didn't say what was wrong with her, just that she'd had a bad diagnosis and was not going to pursue treatment for whatever it was that was ailing her.

But, it has made me feel sad about Tom, teary even. I had the coolest, smartest, funniest, cheekiest, most wonderful best friend a boy could here have and he has now been dead for four years. He just slipped away after a ten year battle with leukaemia. Four years, fuck me.

But how Fred's life has changed, poor man. He's lost his wonderful son and his beloved wife in a matter of four years.

Just as the tears were welling in my eyes... the phone rang and it was my other best friend saying that he had thought about it and that he was now suing me for damaged kidneys from my clearly reckless driving back from the country on Sunday. He thought 75K should cover it.

And he made me laugh.

Ah friends... the meaning of life. I don't know why people ponder that question so much.

Then I thought, what reckless driving?


No comments: