Monday, October 10, 2011

I've Got Tooth Ache

I've got tooth ache and when I called Sam for sympathy, you know as you do, I mean what else is a boyfriend for, he told me he had a rat, which had been eating his noodles in his kitchen, which he was completely obsessed with, read completely freaked out by and I got no sympathy for the pain I was in.

Poor me.

I went to the chemist, during the day, to buy Savacol, the only mouthwash with an active ingredient, according to my dentist and doctor, that does any good. But they had changed the packaging and of course I couldn’t remember what the active ingredient was, so I lined up to see the pharmacist to ask. Just as I got to the counter, the pharmacist called up a patient to give that patient her filled. The chick whose scripts it was said something about being allergic to the pills the pharmacist was giving her. No, she couldn’t remember the name of the medications she was actually allergic to, but they came in big bubble packs like the ones the pharmacist was giving to her.

Now firstly, if you were allergic to some medications wouldn’t you tell the pharmacist straight up before the pharmacist filled the scripts and secondly, if you were allergic to some medications wouldn’t you remember their names? Well, wouldn’t you?

Idiot, I thought. Stop wasting all of our time, you self focussed moron and get out of my way so I can ask the pharmacist my question.

“Okay,” said the pharmacist. “I’ll prepare some new medications for you.”


At this point the pinch faced shop assistant asked me if there was anything she could help me with.

I explained to her what my doctor and dentist had said about Savacol pointing out to her that the packaging had been changed, asking her if she could confirm that the active ingredient was still the same.

“They all have an active ingredient, it depends what you want it for?”

Want it for? I thought. To turn my tongue green and to give me 10k in the bank. What do you think I want it for? “Antiseptic.”

“Well, they all have antiseptic qualities.”

Now they all have the same qualities. Clearly, another idiot, who doesn’t have a clue. Get out of my way. “Thank you,” I said and I walked away. I’ll work it out myself.

I bought the Savacol and left the shop and hoped for the best.


No comments: