Thursday, February 09, 2012

I've Been For Another Agency Interview, Can You Tell?

Who’s idea was this work thing? Come on, whose was it? I mean to say, really? Couldn’t they have put more thought into it, what 1000 years ago, or whatever? It just can’t be the best method, surely.

What is it? Work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, die.

That’s it, really? That’s how it goes.

Well, I for one want to lodge a protest? Where is the complaints department? Of course, that would only go to bolstering my side of the story. Push 1. Push 3. Push 1. Push 4. Push 5. Push 1. Push 3. Push 1. Push 2. Push 1.

And then, more than likely, you get cut off.

Oh yes, this was a brilliant system.

I want to know who there is to blame?

It is certainly someone’s fault, let me tell you.


And a few get rich off the back of the work of the majority. Then a hand full of the super rick commit the biggest financial fraud in history and break the world and destroy what wealth millions of people have managed to accumulate to makes a squillion for themselves. All the time nations starve and millions die of thirst, as the filthy obscenely fat western civilisation looks the other way as they stuff more and more of their just-for-fun purchases into the backs of their every expanding four wheel drives to ferry it all home to their ridiculously huge polystyrene houses.


The lovely K said she was going to get together a list of positions for me and then she'd get back to me.

“Super! We’ll talk.” Big eyes.

(Actually, K wasn’t like that really, she was nice and down to earth. I can’t help myself with clichés of employment agents.)


But, I don't want a list of employers to choose from. I just want one job. A list of employers means a list of job interviews. Oh bored already. I just want one job interview. Actually, Just tell me where to turn up and what time.


I guess you just take the one that pays the most, ditch the rest.

 

2 comments:

Victor said...

I'm so glad that my days of job interviews are over!

FletcherBeaver said...

I wish mine were too.