Sunday, October 20, 2013

Bored on Sunday

I'm sitting here typing up my notes from the two day conference I was on on Thursday and Friday. My gung-ho boss has organised a meeting for us Monday morning to get together and compare and collate notes.

Legislative changes to employment legislation.

Can I tell you how bored I am?

Sam is on the couch behind me... seemingly without a care. (Grrr) Buddy is lying next to me, stretched out across the carpet. (Rrrr) Both asleep.

The sky has just clouded over grey and the light has seeped out of the room as if was pulled out like a single piece of material.

I think it is about to pour with rain, I am sure.

The music has stopped. It is very quiet and still. The only noise that can be heard is the clip of the keys on my laptop as I depress them.

Sam is breathing rhythmically.

Buddy is quiet, unusually.

The wind blows the trees occasionally out in the garden. (rustle)

It feels like a Sunday where we've done very little. It feels like a weekend where I've had my choices taken away from me. It feels like a day where I am unable to do what I want. What would I call that? Working on the weekend? Working from home? I don't know, but I don't really want to do it anymore.

Oh, come on, whatever, write faster, I think.

No comments: