Saturday, December 07, 2013

Perfect Weather Today

It is the most perfect day in Melbourne today. Sparkling sunshine.

We ate Pho with David, he's been waking up crying every morning for three months. He denies it is to do with the cocaine binge he and his boyfriend did in Amsterdam in August. He seemed fine today, but Mike has packed his bags and gone somewhere for a break. David can be a nightmare, although I never let him when we lived together. I'd slap him and tell him there were people in the world who didn't have access to fresh water.

Sam and I walked home in the sun. The sky is a beautiful blue.

Anthony called to say he was expecting a lovely dinner tonight, he'll be over soon. He wouldn't believe he and LouLou were supposed to come for dinner last night. At least LouLou messaged and apologised.  He insists it was tonight. He wants to see LouLou's apology texts when he got here.

"It was definitely tonight, don't be ridiculous "

That usually indicates he's back on just the "one" wine with lunch. 

"Just the one bottle. I'm perfectly fine."

We're eating fried rice, despite the pre-approved menu being fish. Anthony always likes to check, maybe suggest an alternative, subtly, if the suggested dish was not to his liking. I made a mistake, I should have check with chef before making any promises.  He'll have fried rice and like it.

Being the perfect host, I sedated everybody and out on stand up comedy. I must admit, I was, shall we say, sleep on the couch. The night drifted away.

No comments: