Monday, December 09, 2013

The Day Drifts By

I had a cigarette outside on the wicker seats this morning, as Buddy went back to his kennel and didn’t reappear. He reappeared once, to hang a no smoking sign.

It was a very over cast morning driving down Victoria Street. The light was blunted by grey clouds and a still atmosphere, the air was still. Everything was on matt finish, the weather was threatening to turn to something else.

Big rain drops fell before I made it to the smoking spot to have my last cigarette before work. Standing in the street. I had to pull up somewhere new. I had to think quick. I pulled up in front of the pub, badly parked.

The sky was matt grey, the heat arguable. Indecisive. I didn’t bring a jacket, and I had to walk to Vic Gardens at lunchtime to get food, it could be a problem.

Sam sent me an email during the morning to say that I ignored him over the weekend, too fucking out of it, is what I think he would have added if it wasn’t a work email.

We had spongy, coffee marble type cake for morning tea. Cathy bought it in.

The walk to Vic Gardens at lunch time was over cast with the possibility of stronger rain, as there were rain drops falling as I left, in the slight humidity no doubt the rain was causing.

I bought sushi for lunch.

It poured with rain for most of the day. Heavy, pouring rain.

We ate the leftovers of the stuffed turkey roast, it was yum.

Mark called. He has had all of his lower front teeth removed. Apparently, they were a mess underneath, rotting and infected. 

He called to give me an update on Rich, who is still struggling along, so nothing had really changed, and Mark was in too much pain to talk for too long.

Mark will be home next Thursday.

Jane called for an update on (grandfather) Rich. I told her what I knew, but then told her she should call (Mark’s sister) Chris.

Emily sent me photos and I pulled together a collection of Rich photos for his funeral.


No comments: