Saturday, July 26, 2014

Games Games Games, Every Where Games

Didn't we just have the Commonwealth Games in Russia? In Stella, or Sochi or Shitty, or somewhere?

Didn't some games just happen in Brazil? And aren't some other games going to happen in Brazil again next month, or soon, or something?

Are we now having games every few months, or something? Have sporting events gone mad! What gives?

Have athletes suddenly got good lobbyists who have won them the right to bore us to death on a continual basis?


Is this something we do to please the evil overlord Rupert Murdoch?

Is this a plot by Tony Abbot to take the spot light off him, actually, being a cunt?


Does this have something to do with Ian Thorpe telling us he is a fudge packer?

Oh... really... not the Australian spirit? Aussie Aussie Aussie, blah blah blah, is that better? I, actually, don't care who wins or who loses? No, I don't. Whatever country? Yawn. 

Can you tell?

(Aren’t they held for Rupert Murdoch to make millions from TV rights, anyway?)

I thought I was being un-Australain (you know, that expression that the barely not racist nationalist types like to use) maybe a bit GOM, or so my friend Perry labeled me when I told him, but there was a vote on ninemsn which asked, Are you interested in the Commonwealth Games and something like 60% of those who responded said no. I was, actually, surprised, I thought it would have gone the other way, you what a bunch of sporting yobs Australia is (you know you get your nuts rubbed with nugget if you can't kick a football by six months of age) but it made me feel better about how I was feeling. Ha ha. Better about myself, big smile.

Sam said that I didn't have to watch it, which is true, clever Sam, but it is hard to avoid sport overload altogether when all of the news/variety shows/online whatevers bang on about it relentlessly. 

Still, I'm not complaining, Sam is right, after all. Just turn it off and stop whinging. "The only ears you are making bleed are mine."

But, apparently, some athlete we sent to... now where is it? No, don't tell me, I know this, Barcelona, won gold, yippee!

Queue the national anthem. And pass the tissues. And excuse me while I...

No comments: