Sunday, July 13, 2014

Really, Ian? Gay? Who Knew?

Ian Thorpe is gay. Really? I am shocked. Who’d have thought? Oh, I guess I should be supportive. Yeah, good on ya Ian. Well done. 

The straight media is portraying it as courageous, which is a very straight point of view. Maybe I'd agree that Mathew Mitcham was courageous, or Tom Daley was courageous, when they, potentially, had a lot to lose, but to do it when he was all washed up and people no longer care about him to get the 400K he was reportedly paid, that nobody else would any longer pay him, to tell all, isn't really so courageous. 

But, well done Ian, good on ya for giving up the worst kept secret in Australian sporting history. Be happy. And welcome to gay world, we've been expecting you. 

Mardi Gras Parade next year? I thought so.

No comments: