Friday, July 11, 2014

Sam Took a Sickie

Sam took a sickie. It is sooooo unusual for him. 

"A sickie? Really?" I asked, first thing as he reached for his phone to call his boss. He never takes sickies. I've got to be careful my incredulity doesn't sound like disappointment. I love him taking the day off with me, I don't want him to misunderstand. He called his boss from bed, he didn't even get out of bed to make the call. I got out of bed so he could make the call. A mental health day, you just know that I approve.

The truth was that Jill is down from Queensland and she and I were having lunch and Sam took the day off to veto the cherry pie that fatty Jill and I would most likely eat, Sam told me with a laugh.

We took Buddy to the dog park. The sun was out, the sky was blue. Sure, it was a bit cold, but it is winter after all. The dogs played nice. Buddy did his perimeter lap, as he always does, before he headed into the middle to touch noses, and other things, with the other dogs. 

We went shopping in Victoria Street. It was quite a nice day by then, with the gentle warm sun falling down upon us. Buddy and I stood in the doorways as Sam made the purchases. We bought roast pork rolls for lunch.

Jill and I rescheduled lunch for Monday. She had people around today cleaning her house, a house she had been in. She tried to make some excuse when I questioned her, but we all know she just likes to spend money, spending is her orgasm.

Sam and I ran around the back yard like children continually moving the solar panel for our new pond pump into the sun so we could watch it spurt water into the air. We've adjusted it now so the fall of the water is within perimeter of the pond. Read, Sam made the adjustments, I just stood and watched and pointed and gave instructions.

I did my tattslotto so we could make today a permanent arrangement. Big smile.

No comments: