Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Hymie

I'm in bed with my bulldog. He's snoring as he lays on the doona next to me. I'm juggling my laptop, my muesli and a coffee. It is 8.15am. The sun is slowly floating in through my glass balcony doors. I am very comfy, no reason to get up, you've got to love that.

I've been ignoring my boss for the last couple of days, meh, work, who even wants to think about that. He had some job for me, continuing directly on from my previous assignment, I didn't realise he'd put me up for the role. Oops. Who knew? I think he thinks that I have let him down. Oops, again. It was an innocent mistake, probably highlighting a flaw in our current job allocation system, to tell you the truth. I really wanted a week off, even if I didn't want to admit it. I've worked full time since June. It's tiring. Who can keep up that pressure?

Guess who won't be getting work until March 2015? Ha ha. (I laugh, even though that doesn't sound like too much of a threat)

More coffee?
Don't mind if I do. (Thank you, Hymie)
The thick metal hand takes the fine china cup from my hand (It is my pleasure)

Apparently, you shouldn't drink more that 400 grams, I guess, 400 something of caffeine per day? One cup is about 95, I guess it is mls, most likely, of caffine. I've settled on 3 coffees per day, down from about six cups. It's all health here sweetie.

I feel tired, with less stimulant in my blood. Ha ha. The world is a tiring place. What happened to the brave new world of less work and more leisure time? By 2020 we'll all be working 4 days per week and our robots will take up the slack. What happened to that? Where's my Robot? You know I'd call him Hymie.

No comments: