Monday, October 13, 2014

Off to Work

I started a new assignment today for 3 weeks, so it's back to work, back to the grind. Yay. But, still only 3 weeks, it should go fast.

Fortunately, it is just a short walk from home, which is the reason I took it. Well, I took it because it was offered to me, lets not be under any illusions, but it is the reason why I was pleased to accept it, the short walk from home. If you think I have any control over the assignments I get, then I have misled you. I shouldn't get too bored though, hopefully.

You know what I hate, the suit and shirt thing, the corporate noose and collar, fortunately nobody cares too much about ties any longer. Let's hope this new place doesn't care so much about the suit thing either. I mean really, what the hell does it matter what we wear to work. I hear people say it is easier, but please, people are stupid. It is easier to be told what to wear? It is only a short step to it is easier to be told what to think, it is easier to be told how to act. People, people, people, please.

I was reading about William S Burroughs, Jo Orton, and those guys and their escapades in Tangiers, last night. I didn't want to leave them. I was also reading about the inhabitants of Mulholland Drive.  Who lives where and next to who. Did you know that Marlon Brando and jack Nicholson were neighbours? How exciting it all sounded. How exciting their lives must have been. How did I end up doing an office job? How did I settle for that? I guess it is too late now to become someone interesting.

Hey ho, back to the office for me.


No comments: