Sunday, October 18, 2015

On The Beach

I bought a copy of On The Beach (even if the cover says La Hora Final, yes, I had to resort to buying a Spanish copy) Gregory Peck and Ava Garner (one of the most beautiful woman ever born) shot in Melbourne in 1959, so I can see what Melbourne looked like in 1959 (the pinnicle of man's existence, 1959, it has been all down hill since that year, but that is another story) Yes, so I can yet again cry at the beauty Melbourne once was and, yet again, lament the Frankenstein Melbourne has now become.

At the exact moment I was sliding the DVD into the blu-ray DVD player, the said blu-ray player ceased to function and from all reports (read frantic googling) it is now cactus and all that remains is for it to be buried at the bottom of the garden.

So what should I take from this? Clearly, all new age thinking is telling me that the universe does not want me to watch this DVD? I should consult the cards, or the stars, the tarot, or Zelda and her crystal ball, clearly. I should have my guru on speed dial for occasions just like this. Maybe, I should make an appointment with my trans-personal councillor?




No comments: