Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Puppy

Sam has talked about getting a puppy all day. Sam has never had a puppy, remember, we got Buddy when he was a year old. Sam talked about getting a puppy all night, looking at puppy advert after puppy advert. He kept asking me if I want a puppy. I keep giving him the same answer, “I don’t need a puppy, I’ve had a puppy before, but if you want a puppy, lets get a puppy.” And yet he keeps asking me if I want a puppy.

Two dogs? Two British Bulldogs? Is that a good idea?

Oh, I remember having a puppy. So cute. Oh, so much hard work?

Sam thinks because I am home all day it would give me something to do, which is not altogether untrue.

Funny. It is the buying of the puppy that seems like the hardest part. Raising the puppy gets easier and easier with time. Once they are toilet trained, the rest is just constant and consistent training. (Buddy climbs into my lap and cuddles up as I write the last sentence)

No comments: