Friday, December 07, 2018

Too Hot

It's too fucken hot to do anything today. It's 38 degrees. Bud and I are lying around the lounge room with the fan on. Milo is on one side like a dead cat, Bud is on the other side like a dead dog, I’m patting each. Milo’s fur sticks to my hand like it is statically charged.

I did manage to go out to lunch with Sam. We had hamburgers.

We went to the first hamburger shop where I suggested I might like a caramel milkshake to go with my hamburger, which is very unusual for me as generally I only ever drink water. Coffee (and tea) and water, is all I practically ever drink.

Sam led us out of the hamburger joint.

“Wasup?” I ask when we are standing out on the footpath again.

“Let’s have Thai,” says Sam.

“It was the caramel milkshake, wasn’t it?”

“Don’t be stupid,” replies Sam.

He then gives it away by leading us up Smith Street straight to the other hamburger joint that doesn’t serve caramel milk shakes.

“It was the caramel milk shake,” I say.

“Don’t be stupid,” says Sam again. “I thought I might like Thai, but as we walked up the street I really decided that I did want a hamburger.

It was the caramel milk shake, I think.


I lay on the couch and watched Youtube clips about the Rolling Stones all afternoon. It was just too hot to do anything else. Mick Jagger is the greatest rock and roll singer who ever lived. He was the first – first mainstream superstar – androgynous singer who appealed equally to men and women. He changed the world.

I'm a big fan, but I can't say I ever fancied him, but I can kind of see it now if I look back at old interviews/footage. I always just loved his music.

No comments: