Tuesday, November 09, 2021

I Fell Down

I fell over in the street, stupid me.

Bruno had just taken a dump. It was rubbish night so there were bins out on the street. I dropped Bruno's green baggie into the nearest bin on the road next to a tree (the trees in our area are on the road) and turned back to the footpath. There was a tree root sticking up in the dirt around the tree and I just didn't see it.

I went straight down. I don't think that has happened since Buddy was a relative puppy and he walked across my feet and tripped my up, and Bud will be 11 in 4 weeks.

Actually, it happened in Paris, when were we in Paris last, 2017? Was it 2017? I picked up new multifocal lenses the day before we flew to Europe, and I wasn’t used to them, and I completely didn’t see a gutter. Splat! Face first onto the road.

Oh, it is a terrible feeling, when you know you are going over and there is nothing you can do about it.

So, I put my hands out to stop myself and I landed mostly on the pointer finger of my left hand, I felt it bend under my weight. My shins went down in the gutter and I bent at the knees and landed face down. My pointer finger burned with pain and was badly bruised and kind of misshapen for a while.

Surprisingly, apart from my finger and the palm of my right hand, and my knees smarting ever so slightly, nothing else hurt too much.

And, my finger recovered pretty quickly, I guess, because I didn't really break any skin, my nail took most of the brunt of it all. (I guess that sounds a bit weird, but it was completely scraped when I looked down at it, kind of like the time Auntie Dawn side swiped her Mark 2 Jaguar on that bluestone wall) Slight bleeding around one side of my finger nail but that didn't really amount to much anyway.

Bud was just standing there looking at me with his serious face.

"Come on, let's go."


No comments: