Monday, August 21, 2023

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie

Oh yes, I realise I should be more in the… um… er… what should I be more in? You know, like everyone else, apparently, is in the… um… er… whatever it is that everyone else is in. 

Oh yes, "rah, rah, rah! Squeal."

What is it the terrible conservatives, who screw over the poor and give to the rich, say, oh dear… what is it… team… er, um… Team Australia, which of course we’d all have no trouble with except it came to mean wealthy, white heterosexual, most likely male, Australians under that first class fuckwit of a Prime Minister Abbott. But be that, the onion eating, honours giving to Princes, idiot of a Prime Minister Abbott, as it may, I don’t think you can help but be on… er… Team… um… Australia if you are Australian, as you just are. It’s in your DNA, you can’t help it.

(Anyone who says otherwise, hasn’t picked up a Spock like hearing ability for an Australian accent in a crowd having spent an extended period overseas, or burst into tears hearing a tram sound “ding, ding, ding,” having just returned to the city of their birth)

So, clearly, I don’t wish the Matilda's anything untoward, 

“Go, Girls, go,” but it still doesn’t mean I have to listen to the interminable squeals of breathless commentators ad nauseam.

I am just not interested in soccer? Should I pretend?

Anyway, there they have now lost to Sweden and really the very best I can say about that is that I can now stop reaching for the mute button every damn time some semi-orgasmic presenter comes on the teli for the umpteenth time and yaps on about them endlessly.


No comments: