Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Last Class

Last night of uni. Last night ever. I’m done. I’m finished. All over. I get my piece of paper. I celebrated the auspicious occasion by completely forgetting and staying at work until 5.30pm.

Well, we were having much more fun discussing Stella’s immanent redundancy, as it’s all been approved, it’s all ready to be delivered to her, but she doesn't know yet. Apparently, Christina (CEO) just said fine, get rid of her. Nothing about her being a young mother with a mortgage, as Hamish had allowed himself to think. Stella has tomorrow off, apparently she is taking Benjamin to the Myer windows and something else, which didn’t, actually, sound believable to me. It would be funny if she was going for a job interview and if she resigned on Monday. That would just ice the cake nicely.

So uni was the usual final night party, food and drink for every one. Do I feel different? No, not really. I don’t think we ever really feel any different, no matter what we’ve done. The same core feelings inside remain the same. (Unless it is negative, like guilt, or fear of recrimination etc) 

 

No comments: