Wednesday, November 17, 2004

You Are Both Gooses

It was Looney Wednesday this morning. As I walked down the Bourke Street Mall a blond guy crossing over from the north east corner to south west corner started to scream/moan. I could picture him assuming a military position, pulling a gun from his back-pack and start shooting. I was just heading up the Bourke Street hill to Queens Street, when I saw a girl of about twenty seemed to be hiding just down a lane way. She had a back-pack and was fiddling about in her over-sized denim jacket. As I walked up level with her, she moved around into Bourke Street and screamed,

"There's your knife so you can cut me again!"

She threw a black-handled silver-bladed knife onto the ground, almost at my feet, close enough that I could tell it was serrated and then bolted down the hill towards Elizabeth Street.

The blond guy, now walking down Bourke, said, "You are a fucking goose." He raced over to where the knife was, picked it up and started running after her, with the knife held out in front of him.

I sped up my step and high-tailed it up to Queens Street as quickly as I could, thinking I wanted to get as much distance between them and me as I could... even if they were heading in the opposite direction. It crossed my mind whether I should be scared, or not?

Other than that, the sun shone down beautifully and a gentle breeze blew. 


No comments: