Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I Couldn't Have Imagined How Bad

My house mate, David, came home with a record shop bag in his hand, saying, "Look what I've bought."

"What?" I asked suspiciously. David has the second worst taste in music of all my housemates. Only Tim's taste in music is worse. Bubblegum pop. Spare us! David is not far behind.

"The new Celine Dion cd."

I reeled in horror. "You know you can't play it." I had only informed David last night that Celine Dion is the only banned artist in the house.

"I can play it in my car," said David. "And look what I bought you?"

"What?" I asked in fear.

"Can you guess?"

"No."

"Guess!"

"Oh, Kelly Clarkson?" Going on David's usual taste.

"No. Open it."

I pulled the paper bag apart and was stunned. "The Spice Girls Greatest hits?" I said incredulously.


He didn't know what party the Prime Minister belonged to. Or, which party was, at present, running the country. But I guess I'm just being a bitch, now. Or am I jealous? Sounds like bliss, now I come to think of it.

His two, very left leaning, house mates have instructed him how to vote in the next election, don't you worry about that. Not that it really matters in Fitzroy, lets be real.


No comments: