Thursday, December 13, 2007

Buggered

I came home and lay on my bed and fell straight off to sleep. I was buggered... not even Friday, I thought. Nobody was home. I could do as I pleased. (Not that I couldn't usually do as I please, to be true) Oh, it was glorious, so nice, nothing to worry about, think about, clear my mind. Drift away on the sweet feeling of nothing matters, right there for that second, everything can wait; glorious oblivion, sinking into my bed sheets.

Bring!

What? Was that the door bell? Oh? Wasn't Sebastian coming to stay? No, I didn't hear anything. No. It was my imagination.

Bring!

I guess not, I thought, as I was drawn back from the deep tunnel of slumber, unwillingly. Ah, back into the present. Oh, back to reality. Back from my dream of the Milanese soccer team filing into my bedroom, dressed only in small, white shorts.

I struggled to my feet. Bugger! I'll never be able to return to them. Angelo, Carlos, Nickos, Dino...

I opened the door to Sebastian’s smiling face.

Hey Chris? said Sebastian. Did you remember I was coming?

Sure. Sure I did. I thought my face was going to crack with the smile it was attempting to produce.


No comments: